Outsourced Business Services Assistant Manager
July 19th, 2023
July 19th, 2023
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: 40 Hours p/w, Full Time
Location: Pinner, London
The Wisteria Group is made up of Wisteria Audit Ltd a firm of Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors and Wisteria Limited a firm of Chartered Tax Advisers based in North West London. We provide a wide range of services to businesses and individuals, mainly either in the London area or international businesses operating in the UK. The firm is well established and has been trading for over 20 years with approximately 25 staff and has seen significant year on year growth.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a growing company within the Outsourced Business Services team. The firm prides itself on having a modern forward-looking approach and the Outsourced Business Services team is seeking to recruit an individual who shares the same positive outlook.
The successful candidate will be an experienced book-keeper who will take responsibility for assisting with all day-to-day book-keeping, management reporting, VAT obligations and preparation of trial balance for a range of business clients across the UK and internationally.
Working within the Outsourced Business Services team, you will be managing a portfolio of clients. Duties include but not limited to providing book-keeping services to clients, right from source documents to the point of preparing the trial balance and subsequent liaison with other teams.
You will be providing support and training to clients regarding use of accounting software as well as managing deadlines in line with client expectations.
You will be reconciling multiple bank accounts and processing quarterly and monthly VAT returns. Additionally, you will produce quarterly and monthly Management Accounts.
You will be expected to support the team manager with management responsibilities for the team. This includes supporting and at times reviewing junior members of the team’s day-to-day work activities. In addition, you will support and guide less experienced team members through on-the-job training.
You will be required to monitor the WIP on your clients and lead on billing activities as per the company’s policies.
You will be expected to manage client relationships which will include meeting them periodically, managing fees and developing relationships. Alongside other members of the team you will maintain the high-quality service that Wisteria’s provides to its clients.
As an assistant manager, you will be expected to contribute towards upskilling and mentoring Associates as part of delivering client work.
Skills & Qualifications
• Qualifications: Fully / part qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA qualified) or qualified AAT level 4 and must have at least 1 years’ post qualification experience.
• Ideally 3 years’ experience in a book-keeping role
• Can demonstrate day to day experience working with Xero to produce VAT returns and management reports.
• Can demonstrate a basic knowledge of VAT concepts and tax planning ideas for clients.
• Experience in book-keeping, management accounts and trial balance preparation.
• Previous Accountancy practice experience.
• Qualifications: 2.2 or above degree in any discipline
• Three A Levels, with grade BBB or higher (or equivalent), excluding General Studies.
• Minimum Grade B in GCSE Mathematics and English Language (or equivalent).
• Experience of reviewing work produced by junior staff.
• Good teamwork and communication skills.
• Adaptability and flexibility to meet the Directors’ needs.
• Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
• The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with clients directly, so excellent spoken and written English skills are a requirement.
• A professional, enthusiastic and responsible approach are required, as well as being able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Candidates will be required to demonstrate an understanding of the different areas of accounting and book-keeping.
• Annual Discretionary Bonus
• Flexible Working Hours
• Optional Working From Home
• Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
• Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Employee Referral Scheme
• Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities
• Training Fund Available For Staff
• Regular Company Social Events