Senior Tax Associate
July 24th, 2023
July 24th, 2023
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: 40 Hours p/w, Full Time
Location: Pinner, London
The Wisteria Group is made up of Wisteria Limited a firm of Chartered Tax Advisers and Wisteria Audit Ltd a firm of Chartered Accountants and registered auditors based in North West London. We provide a wide range of services to businesses and individuals, mainly either in the London area or international businesses operating in the UK. The firm has been well established trading for over 20 years and has approximately 25 staff and has seen significant year on year growth.
The company attracts rewarding and challenging work as a result of its focus on providing the bespoke expert service often only available from larger firms, but with the personal approach that small firms can provide.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a tax team of 5 people. The firm prides itself on having a modern forward-looking approach and the tax team is seeking to recruit an individual who shares the same positive outlook.
• You will assist the tax manager and your colleagues with the provision of tax advice to personal and corporate clients, dealing with planning, tax investigations and strategic corporate tax planning.
• Working as part of a growing company and expanding tax team, the tax associate will take immediate responsibility for assisting with all day-to-day tax compliance work, including dealing with Corporation Tax, Self-Assessment, VAT, ATED and payroll related issues, which includes reviewing work of the associates within the team.
• You may be required to meet with clients alongside other members of the team and maintain the high-quality service that Wisteria’s provides to its clients.
• As well as training on the job, following completion of your probationary period, full study support will be provided towards obtaining the CTA qualification [if not already completed], under training contract provisions.
• The role offers the chance to obtain a wide range of experience in a mixed tax environment such as day to day liaising with clients to ensure their compliance and advisory requirements are met, answering clients daily questions and maintaining strong client relations, as well as communicating with HMRC to ensure client affairs are maintained and up to date.
• Responsibility for your own portfolio of clients to ensure the successful and timely delivery of their tax requirements and ensuring each client receives the service in line with Wisterias vision and mission.
Skills & Qualifications
o ATT qualified by time and paper qualified
o Part CTA Qualified
o Three A Levels, with grade BBB or higher (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
• Ideally 2-3 years’ experience in a tax role
• Good communication skills: both written and oral
• Team player
• Adaptability and flexibility to meet the Directors and managers needs
• Organised and Reliable
• Problem solving skills and an analytical mindset / approach
• The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with clients directly, so excellent spoken and written English skills are a requirement.
• A professional, enthusiastic and responsible approach are required, as well as being able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• The role includes the requirement to carry out research and review complex legislation at times, therefore an eye for detail is also important.
• Annual Discretionary Bonus
• Flexible Working Hours
• Optional Working From Home
• Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
• Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Employee Referral Scheme
• Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities
• Training Fund Available For Staff
• Regular Company Social Events